HTI BUYING GROUP
Deadline: June 15th, 2018
Store Name (This will not be shared.)
1. What does the buyer/owner expect from a rep in regards to the “introduction of new products?”
2. How can a rep cover adequately all the lines that they represent? Please list 3 suggestions.
4. From a retailers perspective, what makes a vendor the “vendor of choice” – why choose that vendor? Please list 3 qualifications.
5. Are you interested in overstock, discontinued, and/or closeout products?
6. Do you like a promotion where you receive free case pks of product?
7. What is the biggest factor effecting your business negatively, such as; cash flow, online business, neighboring stores?
8. Do you offer dropship in your store or are you thinking about adding it?
9. Does the discount/terms offered to HTI Retailers effect who you do business with?
10. Do you have a cooking school?
11. What would be the 4 best items to include in a demo kit?
Ex. Aprons, Product, Signage, Video, etc.
12. When a new or unknown brand or vendor joins HTI, what is the biggest factor that would entice you to purchase their products? 1-5 (Select up to three.)
Rep endorsement & support
Digital or printed catalog available to you
Industry buzz about the Vendor
13. Do you utilize Facebook Live?
14. On average how often do you purchase from a particular vendor? Weekly, monthly or quarterly.
15. Main reason for discontinuing a Vendor (Select the top 2)
Product consolidated with another vendor
Representation not sufficient
Fulfillment of product not sufficient
16. Optimal day of the week to receive digital information from Vendor? Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri.
17. Do you normally purchase from a vendor when you need inventory or when it is on promotion?
18. There is a lot of conversation about Retailers & Vendors “strategically partnering”, what does “strategically partnering” mean to you?