TODAY'S MERCHANDISING MONDAY FEATURE IS:
Vegetables, Flowers, and Herbs! Oh My!
The Urban Agriculture Company designs grow kits that simplify the process of city gardening by providing you with everything needed for a fun and easy growing experience. All of our grow kits come with one pack of organic seeds, one balanced bag of organic soil and one container to grow the plant in. Our containers are made from 100% recycled tea bags allowing for perfectly drained and aerated soil, not to mention a very cool urban look. We offer a variety of flowers, cooking herbs and vegetables to help urban dwellers have a well-rounded garden.
Check out some of our retailer displays!
Preserve Your Herbs
Freezing, Drying, and Preserving Herbs, Flowers, Vegetables, and Fruits are easy spring and summer demos!
How to Freeze Herbs:
- Pick your herbs before they bloom, if possible.
- Wash them in cool water to remove any dirt and bugs. Pat them dry with a towel.
- Remove the leaves from the stems. You can do this quickly by pinching the stem between your index finger and thumb and sliding your fingers down the stem. Most of the leaves will easily come off.
- Dice, chop, or mince the herbs if necessary.
- Place the herbs in an ice-cube tray.
- Cover them with water, broth, or oil.
- Place the ice-cube tray in the freezer.
- Once frozen, you can pop “herb cubes” out of the tray and put them in a freezer bag or lidded container until you need them.
***You will usually have about one tablespoon of herbs and one tablespoon of liquid per cube, so you will need to factor that into your recipe.